WOW!! You have me hooked! Keep it coming. My spirit is so in tune with your last two blogs on this subject. I am physically over the age of your World Racers, but my spirit is right there.
The World Race as a movement
Yesterday I outlined a few principles of organic open-source movements. A few of us feel that this next generation is ready for one.
We’ve seen that the World Race helps awaken them to this reality. Here’s how:
It’s a three-year process based on Luke 10 that hinges on the following non-negotiables:
1. Three Years: Commit to finish.
- 6 months of preparation and consecration
- 11 months of homelessness around the world
- After returning, pass the baton to others and find a year apprenticeship
2. Mentoring: 3-year minimum coaching relationship with spiritual coach. Commit to grow.
3. Abandon: Sell everything, return with nothing. Commit to simplicity.
4. Ministry: Bring hope to the hopeless. Commit to the poor.
5. Covenant: The team becomes a family. Commit to community.
6. Multiply: Wake up your generation. Commit to the dream.
Passing the baton
Focus on helping others understand how they could do it, too. Bring your stories into homes and hearts.
Racers share what they’ve seen and heard to activate others. They form networks of people committed to the non-negotiables. Build communities founded on cultures of trust and vision. Partners around the world commit to the non-negotiables.
Dennis, I’m sure there’s a way for you to be involved. if you’re interested in mobilizing young people to do this or raising up prayer warriors to support this ministry, contact me: jeff.goins(at)gmail(dot)(com).