Great blog,I concur!!!
I recently came across a letter
by Rick Joyner (who heads Morningstar Ministries), a portion of which I excerpt here.
“There are many soldiers, but not many warriors,”
a Special Forces officer once told me. There are many professional soldiers who
may take their jobs very seriously and be very good at what they do, but when
you meet a warrior, you know the difference.
Church leadership is about to be transferred from the hands
of professionals, to the hands of true warriors, which the soldiers of the
cross will all soon become.
Warriors run to the sound of battle, not away from it. Warriors thrive in the
intensity of conflict and danger. They are not discouraged by opposition or
trouble, but rather come alive when faced with them. Such will be the constitution
of the emerging generation of Christians. Those who think the emerging
generation is soft will be shocked at the warrior nation that will soon be
God Is A Warrior
God is a Warrior. He uses the title “Lord of
Hosts” or “Lord of Armies” ten times more than all of His other
titles. He is a martial God. Those who are going to reveal Him in these times,
are going to begin to take on the demeanor and discipline of a warrior, because
the emerging generation is being prepared to serve in the
greatest time of trouble the world has ever known. Even so, they will face
those troubles with faith and confidence. They will earn the title
“Overcomers” because they will never give way to opposition,
troubles, or battles, but will fight to win like Joshua, who fought until the
victory was total.
These emerging warrior Christians will have this same resolve because they will
know who they are, Who has sent them, and the power of the Kingdom that they
represent. Like King David’s mighty men, their exploits will be noised abroad
and strike fear into the hearts of the enemies of the King.
As this warrior generation emerges, it will impact and
bring transformation to the body of Christ, which will be so profound, that
churches will start being thought of more as military bases than congregations.
Serious training and the sending out of spiritual forces for unprecedented
strategic initiatives will become the order of the day.
What will this warrior army look like?
1. The British Army of 1700’s believed that the American Army was not fighting fair.
2. The American Army in Iraq today that really believes, and we hear it on the news periodicaly, that the terrorits don’t fight fair.
3. The Christian revolutionaries (terrorists) of China (ordinary people in house churches), as they are viewed by the established communist government party where most of them are not willing to die for their belief in communism and do not want to be overthrown? Governments do not want indigenous true believers in their country to create a bottom up revolution that will double in size every 18 months and cause transformation of their society over the next 3-5 decades. What will happen to China when there are 500,000,000 believers by 2025 who will die for their beliefs growing from the 40,00,000 that exist in 2007? What does the American warrior/terrorist (depending on your perspective)who supports the already existing base of 40,000,000 look like Seth?
4. Do the warriors look like Wilberforce of England 200 years ago? see current blog at http://www.downshoredrift.com for a discussion of Wilberforce.
5. What does Seth Barnes’s intimadating terrorist/warrior army look like to the leadership of countries that you are going to transform/overthrow? Be specific so that I can differentiate between the soldier and the warrior. What are the values, perspectives and skill sets that AIM will propagate in this next generation army of warriors?
LOVE IT SETH!!! Thank you for giving all of us WARRIORS a vehicle to bring true and profound transformation and victory to the Body of Christ!
OK, Bill, you just heard from one. Kelly is on the field for a year, a great example of what I believe the Lord is looking for.
The Magnum Opus that is our point of reference is found Matthew 5-7. You can find my own take on how Jesus wants that worked out in “A Warrior’s Journal.”
Subscribe to Radical Living:
Receive updates on the latest posts as Seth Barnes covers many topics like spiritual formation, what if means to be a christian, how to pray, and more. Radical Living blog is all about a call to excellence in ministry, church, and leadership -as the hands and feet of Jesus.