I really appreciate the substance of your blog; however, I think you are really way off on how to help a newbie find a spiritual coach.
It about a common passion with the potential coach. The process should include the following elements:
1. Define your own spiritual passion.
2. Identify your talents using friends and family.
3. Identify your spiritual gifts.
4. Combine these and brainstorm several alternative projects that God might want you to work on for the next 3-4 years.
5. Using advisors, pick one project that could involve a team.
6. Write a one or two page summary of the project including goals, implementation strategy, benchmarks, etc.
7. Identify in your world, 5 people who share your spiritual passion.
8. Research each of them and rank order the list 1 to 5.
9. Select the top one and make an appointment. Give them your summary ahead of time and if the meeting goes well, ask them to coach you one hour a month around their passion/expertise and your project.
10. It will be very difficult for them to say no.