One of the most common objections to the World Race
is: “Does it do any long-term good?” People want to know what happens after an amazing year of adventures around the world.
In fact, that was one person’s comment on a recent World Race update
: “How many go into full-time mission work when they are done?” To be fair, that’s not the easiest metric to track or measure.
For some, the World Race is a seed planted, an investment into a kingdom lifestyle that takes years to harvest. For others, the fruit is immediately measurable. Nonetheless, we’re seeing the Race have a tremendous impact on those who leave their comforts for a year to get initiated into God’s kingdom.
– has already returned to the Philippines to open up a rehabilitation center for young inmates
– interning with an anti-sex trafficking organization in Los Angeles
– creating a ministry that combines her corporate experience with my ministry life
– just got a job with International Justice Mission
– already moved back to Turkey to do ministry there
– interning at Mars Hill Church with Mark Driscoll
, Adam Coleman
, Don Brensinger
– working toward being youth pastors
and Monica Anglea
– already working as youth pastors
– using her journalism skills to tell the stories of those who are unheard
– working toward opening a school in Africa
– interning with the World Race
– an Invisible Children roadie
– director of Missions at a Christian camp
– getting her doctorate in audiology to work with kids who have severe hearing loss
– getting her Masters in counseling
– working toward ministry among Muslims (overseas or in America)
– bringing revival to Austin, Texas through her business
– currently volunteering at a college campus ministry as well as starting a nonprofit organization concerning malaria awareness
– currently studying sign language in order to do art therapy with the deaf population
– pursuing a teaching job in a low-income community through Teach for America
If you’re a World Race alum or know one, you tell me: What good does it do? Where are they now?