I just finished reading through Job. God’s discourse at the end about all He’s done makes me feel small but also reminds me how big my God is. Yet despite this bigness, He wants a personal relationship with me! He made me and cares about me. WOW!
- God has to hide Moses in a rock cleft to protect him from his presence.
- Job, a man struggling with the issue of great loss, is blown away by God’s transcendence.
- Peter, James, and John see Jesus transfigured by God’s presence.
- Paul is knocked off his horse by the brilliant light of God’s presence.
- John writes about fantastical “living creatures” who live in God’s presence and worship him.
I do have that feeling often. For me, stopping and staring at the snow capped Rockies helps me to understand a little bit more how amazing our God really is.
Subscribe to Radical Living:
Receive updates on the latest posts as Seth Barnes covers many topics like spiritual formation, what if means to be a christian, how to pray, and more. Radical Living blog is all about a call to excellence in ministry, church, and leadership -as the hands and feet of Jesus.