This is the 20th year since I started Adventures In Missions
. It’s been quite a trip. I’m not the same guy I was when, I carved out a little office in our garage. What I didn’t know about life and especially life in the kingdom was a lot!
God has been patient in shaping me and bringing people alongside me to help build this thing. And we’ve coalesced around a cause: To raise up a generation of radically committed disciples of Jesus Christ. We have a strong sense of vision and values and we seek to ensure that those who join us share them too. AIM Staff in ’05
In that regard, here are some questions we ask those who are interested in staff positions:
1) Have you had your heart broken by the poor and oppressed?
2) Do you try to mobilize others to reach the lost?
3) Do you have an outreach-focused, Great Commission lifestyle?
4) Do you make the time to regularly disciple others?
1) Listening Prayer: Do you practice listening prayer? Do you have a deep hunger to know the Lord and spend significant amounts of time with Him in prayer?
2) Holistic Integrity: Would others say your lifestyle choices usually point to Jesus?
3) Wild Trust: Are you willing to trust God to provide for your needs no matter the cost? Do you have a consistently positive attitude?
4) Pervasive Excellence: Would your past supervisors say that your performance rated you in the top 10-20 percent of your peers?
5) Foolish Grace: Would your friends say you have a history of tolerance and forgiveness for those with whom you are in conflict?
What a privilege it is to serve alongside people who can answer many of these questions, “yes.” If we’re not there yet, at least we aspire to move toward this vision and these values. To be human is to stand for something. If over time, a person grows cynical or even agnostic, then he stands for that. As for our tribe, this is where we’ve planted our flag.
If you’re interested in knowing more about joining staff at AIM, check us out.